Life is unpredictable, and sometimes it creates situations when getting out of home is not possible for you.
Situations when it is not possible to leave the house
- You are too scared of getting out of the house due to COVID-19.
- You are a new mom and can’t afford the high childcare cost.
- You are not physically strong enough to travel extensively.
- You are not comfortable with the concept of doing a 9-5 job.
However, even if you stay back at home, you need to earn your bread and butter. You need to make money for reasons such as:
Cover your living expenses.
Paying off your unsecured and secured debts.
Build your emergency fund.
Cover your discretionary expenses.
The bottom line is that you need to make money even when you can’t leave the house. But how is that possible? Let’s find out in this post.
7 Tips to make money from home
Here are a few tips to make money without sacrificing the comfort of your home.
- Become a financial coach – Do you have a vast knowledge of money management or financial planning? If so, then you can become a financial coach and sell your expertise online. You can develop an online course, host webinars, or give financial advice over the phone. You can offer advice on how to build good spending habits and give effective ideas for paying off debts or building a cash reserve for unforeseen expenses.
- Browse websites and give your feedback: You can make anywhere from $5 to $20 per hour by checking out websites and giving your valuable feedback.
No. You don’t need to be a technical expert to do this job. You can check out the website, its design, layout, user-friendliness, functionality, loading average, and give your feedback.
Many companies are ready to pay for genuine feedback so that they can make their websites user-friendly. You do not have to do any hard work. All you have to do is find this side hustle on platforms like TestingTime, UserTesting, Enroll, etc.
- Watch videos – Can you make money just by watching videos? Well, some websites are happy to pay money when you view videos. Several companies and big brands create promotional videos about their products and services to lure customers. So, they want people to watch their videos. The more, the merrier. They want people to watch and share their videos as a part of their marketing strategy.
Here comes various websites that connect big brands with consumers. These are third party websites that show videos. Big brands and companies pay them to show their videos. And when you watch those videos, these websites pay you a small portion of their income.
- Work as a freelancer – It’s most likely that you already know about this option. Millions of people are working as freelancers across the world. And they are happy about it. Freelancing gives them work and money.
Create an account on websites like Fiverr, Freelancer, and Upwork. Flexjobs, etc. Read their terms and conditions. Highlight your skills, knowledge, and expertise to catch the attention of potential clients. Thousands of projects are there. Bid for projects with competitive quotes to get assignments. You may have to wait a little bit to get your first project. But once you get your first project, there is no looking back.
- Use your language skills – If you have good language proficiency, then you can work as a translator or transcriber. You need to have four things for this kind of work. A laptop, internet connection, fast typing speed, and language proficiency. You can translate various text files or transcribe videos. It’s a bit of boring work. Plus, you may have to hear video hundreds of times at the time of transcribing them. But look at the brighter part of the work. You will make money from your home itself.
- Become a pro gamer – Do you love to play games? Are you addicted to playing video games? Can you spend the entire day playing video games? If so, then some websites will pay you for playing games. Some of these websites are Second Life, Second Life, Swagbucks, etc. Create a PayPal account so you can get money directly from the websites.
How much can you expect to earn? Well, the amount of money depends on how much time you spend playing games and video games. Also, if you are a pro player, you may expect to make a good amount of money.
- Create a blog or a vlog – You must have heard this tip before. Blogs and vlogs can help you make money over time. It will take some time to start making money.
Blog: You have to post quality articles in your blogs consistently. Choose your topics with care. Read articles on how to choose the right topic for your blog because that does 50% of the job. If the blog topic is not trendy or thought-provoking, then readers won’t even read your blog. Give it a catchy title to grab eyeballs.
When your blog becomes popular, and there is a steady base of readers, you will start earning dollars through google ads, sponsored guest posts, affiliate marketing, etc.
Vlog – You know what a blog is. But what is the meaning of a vlog?
Vlog means posting short videos on social media. You can open a Youtube channel and post videos on your favorite niche consistently. Again, the quality and quantity of your vlogs will determine the popularity of your Youtube channel. Like blogs, it will take some time to increase the number of subscribers. That is why you have to keep requesting your viewers to like, share, and subscribe to your channel if they love your vlog.
Ways to make money from your vlog
- Google AdSense
- Affiliate marketing
- Promoting your products and services
- Sponsored posts
Irrespective of the reason why you can’t leave home, there are several ways to make money online. The above 5 tips can help you make money without leaving your home. If you have more ideas, then share them with us in the comments section.